(1) It was bad weather that they had to stay at home.
（2）We all enjoyed such food (或such stories).
(3) We all enjoyed such good food (或such thrilling stories).你上面两句中的such皆不可代之以副词so。so 作为副词，其后不可接名词或“形容词+名词”，但可后接“many, few, much+名词”,如
(4) There were so many mistakes in that essay.
(5) Don't make so much noise.
另外,such可后接“a+(形容词)+名词",so则不可，如:手团车好(6) She had such a fright that she fainted.
(7) The camel had such a long neck.
但so0可后接“形容词+a+名词”，上述句(7)中的such a long neck即可改作so long a neck。试比较:
(8) He is such a nice man.
(9) He is so nice a man. (比较正式)